LIPS | PURPLE PASSION



If I was a make up item, I would definitely be a bold lip. I don't know what it is, I just can't stay away from a bright lip colour on a shelf. My eyes spot brightly coloured things a mile off, and before my mind has had time to register, my hands have swatched the item and thrown it into my shopping basket!


Lately, I'm all over the berrys, pinks and purples. Maybe it's the cold weather drawing me to warmer tones. Is it just me, or does this colour spectrum just make you feel all...snuggly?Anywho, here's a roundup of my newest plummy pick-ups:



MUA Luxe London lip stain in 'Kooky'
Now, there's no mistaking it - the colour that you can see in the tube is not quite the same as the colour that you get out of the tube. I have to admit, at first I was a little disappointed. But now, I actually really like the colour. A bit more muted and not so in-your-face. I wore this this past weekend, and the wear is amazeballs!! Check out my insta feed for a closer look at this on.



Sleek matte lipstick in 'Exxxaggerate'
Is this a kinda lavender-y purple? Whatever, look at it. I love it. You can't see this in the picture, but there is a slight iridescence that goes through Exxxaggerate, but not in that tacky way. It's hardly noticeable actually and I'm not sure why Sleek threw that into the mix, but hey ho, if it adds to the fabulousnesss of the lippy I'm all in. As with all Sleek mattes you get colour pay off and longevity....win!

Sleek matte lip cream in 'Fandango Purple'
OK, wow this was love at first sight and everything that I needed it to be. It's a true pink-purple and just looks gorgeous on the skin. Formula-wise, take your time with application as it can show up a little streaky, but honestly I've not found this to be a major problem. Wear wise - if you're eating and drinking - I'd say give this 4 hours before you have to check your compact. Otherwise, I'm sure you could squeeze a couple more hours out of it.


L'Oreal Glam Matte lip gloss in 'Zip It Rouge'
So this was my lip colour of choice for my graduation. I wanted a pop of colour on my lips, but with my bold green dress a red lip was just not going to cut it. I love that this is a gloss, that dries to what I would call a semi-matte. I dab this a little to reduce the shine some more and it lasts for hours.


Sleek Pout Paint in 'Port'
I've been very drawn to matte lip products lately, but I just couldn't say no to this. I mean just look at this colour! Port is an irresistible pinkish-plummy shade, that's a little bit berry and very yummy. If you work in a non-conservative office, you can definitely rock this Monday to Friday too. Top tip: apply this is with a lip brush, because trust me (I'm speaking from idiotic experience) do this with your fingers and the colour will go everywhere! And please, please do as the tube says and use the tiniest drop! A little really does go a long way with this.




Flormar Deluxe Cashmere Lipstick in Shade 'DC27'
last but certainly not least...this Flormar lipstick. Yes the gold packaging is what initially drew me to this (yes, I am a magpie and I cannot resist shiny things) and boy did it pay off. This colour is just dreamy and glides on so smooth. Really like...(you guessed it) cashmere. And I was really impressed with the endurance. Definitely worth it.

Bar the MUA and the L'Oreal, you can get all the Sleek products and the Flormar in decent make up stores and Nakumatts!

Have you tried any of the above? What are your favourite lip products at the moment? Any to recommend?

- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment