SCENT | YSL MANFIESTO


I LOVE PERFUME! And thanks to my mum's efforts from the age of around ten, I have never touched a body spray again. I've got around 5 classic perfumes that stay in heavy rotation and I usually take a little convincing to step out beyond this. The bad boy above is such a move and boy am I glad! This is Yves Saint Laurent's Manifesto - 90ml of yummy perfection. Don't you just love the bottle? I think I might start a bottle collection.



I would describe this as a sweet oriental fragrance - with an emphasis on the sweet. It's got a lovely rich vanilla base, topped with jasmine and green notes. It's definitely a little sweeter than my standard perfumes, but not too sickly and it sits great on my skin. And crucially it's an Eau de Parfum, which means you get hours of vanillery/floral goodness.

A couple of basic tips if your new to the perfume game:

  1. Try your perfume out on a strip! Don't ever let any assistant in a perfume store trick you into spraying a perfume straight onto your skin if it's the first time. It may be horrid and it will sit on your skin for a few hours. No one wants to be walking around smelling like wet dog.
  2. Once you've sprayed the strip, shake it in the air a little and let it settle. Take a few deep breaths in to make sure you get all the layers of the fragrance.
  3. If you're loving it so far, now ask for a little spray on your skin and crucially (I cannot stress this enough) walk around with it for at least half an hour to let it settle into your skin. Not every perfume you love on the strip or even on your skin seconds after the first spritz will match your skin type. I cannot tell you the amount of times I've had to reject a perfume I love for this very reason - but hey, not everything will be your match made in heaven.

You can pick this up in any decent fragrance store in town - I got mine from Haute Perfumerie at the Village Market.

Have you tried Manifesto? What are some of your favourite perfumes?

- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment