BASE | REVLON COLORSTAY IN SPICE

 


As a make up lover, I'm always on the hunt for the perfect base for my face. If my face would decide to stay the same colour for a while, that might help...! I've been a MAC girl for the longest time (Studio Fixers stand up!), but as my latest bottle was coming to an end I decided to branch out and sample what else was on offer.



After a brief and unfulfilling fling with a couple of Black Opal liquids, I decided to give Revlon Colorstay a go. I must have spent about half an hour umm-ing and ahh-ing between two shades before I finally settled on this one - Spice 011. Disclaimer:  For anyone reading outside Kenya, this shade may be called something completely different. Annoyingly, Revlon name all their foundation shades by different names depending on where you buy them!

Colorstay is a water based liquid foundation for combination/oily skin. And you get a very reasonable 30ml in your bottle.

So, what are the claims?
  • 24 hour wear
  • Oil-free shine control
  • Natural and flawless look


And....it really delivers! I can't really say much about the 24 hour wear, but I can certainly give it 8 hours plus; I've been wearing this to work for a couple of weeks now without any caking and with minimum shine. The oil control is the biggest pro for me. I would honestly say I have more of an I-Zone than a T-Zone...yes guys, it's that real. But this set with a powder, really keeps things in check. I'm currently setting this with MAC Studio Fix in NW50 or Sleek Translucent Pressed Powder in Deep.

As you can see blow, it looks quite light when you first apply it, but once blended and oxidised its gorgeous! It blends in really seamlessly.





Application is the trickiest part with Colorstay, though. If you're used to the Studio Fix formula, it's a little heavier and dries super fast, so make sure you're quick! Tool wise, I still haven't found my perfect formula. I usually use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush for all other foundations, but that doesn't seem to work here. I'm still playing around with my fingers (messy), which is working OK for now, but I'm in the market for a beauty blender. Once I have application down, I'm sure Colorstay will be a regular on my dressing table.



You can pick up a bottle of this stuff at Nakumatt Junction for KES 2700.

Have you tried out Colorstay? I'd really love to hear about how you apply this. Tips? Tricks? Help a sister out!

On a side note....THANK THE HEAVENS, MAC ARE OPENING A STORE AT THE VILLAGE MARKET SOON!!  I refused to believe the rumours until I saw the store front itself. First floor guys...see you in the queue!

- Olivia

2 comments:

  1. Oh i am using this specific shade and its amazing!!!I use a beauty blender and application is so easy.finish it with the revlon mahogany compact powder and you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this shade yesterday just to notice it's darker than my skin tone....I now want to blend it with a lighter shade coz it's really darkening me but I just love how it feels light on the skin and perfect for oily skin....

    ReplyDelete